Big Sound, small synth
Don't let its size fool you; MiniNova has the most powerful sound engine and effects of any micro synth. More polyphony, more filters, more effects, more modulation.
Every sound has easy access to almost limitless variations, which you can subtly tweak or totally warp with the twist of a knob or the touch of a button. Create all the dirty-fat bass, soaring leads, lush pads and vintage sounds you could possibly want - but on a tough and compact 37 mini-key synth.
Find Your Sound Fast
MiniNova comes with 256 killer sounds, space to save another 128 of your own, and a Patch Librarian for loading and storing as many extra sounds on your computer as you'll ever need.
That's a lot of choice, but you can easily search through them by selecting your style or music, or the type of sound you're after. Bass? Lead? Techno? Hip Hop? Whatever you're looking for, you'll find your sound fast. Don't worry if you're lacking inspiration: we're always releasing new free soundpacks for MiniNova, which we create with renowned artists and sound designers.
Create Unique Vocals
MiniNova's Vocoder comes with a secret weapon: VocalTune. Talk or sing into the mic, and your voice will automatically be tuned to the notes you play on the keyboard.
Or, to do something totally unique with your voice, run it through the effects engine. Add reverb, distortion, chorus/phaser, gator compression or EQ - whatever you need to create attention-grabbing vocals, or recreate iconic vocal lines.
Don't limit yourself to vocals either: Plug in your instrument or any audio source to do really cool stuff with MiniNova's VocalTune, vocoder, filters and effects.
...I immediately thought 'wow, this is amazing'. This little instrument has such a big sound and I use the vocoder a lot. It sounds so different from the other vocoders I use, and that's what makes it so unique..
Teddy Riley, Producer - Michael Jackson, Keith Sweat, Blackstreet
Animate and Arpeggiate
Switch to 'Animate' mode and press one of the eight backlit buttons to trigger awesome performance functions.
Switch to 'Arpeggiator' mode to jam with arpeggiator rhythms in realtime, using the buttons to edit the arpeggiator step sequencer so you can switch steps in and out.
Editing software included
You can fully edit MiniNova using the hardware, but it can be a bit overwhelming. That's why we've created the MiniNova Editor: software that gives you visual access to your synth engine within your music software or DAW, to make it much easier to see what you're doing.
“A great value synthesiser that punches well above its weight and price point.”
“A new micro synth with superstar potential.”
“This is definitely worth the purchase; as a producer would instantly excel you from a MoniNova to a Bossanova in the music production game.”
G Style Magazine
“Whether you're playing live or sound-building in the studio, at this price point, MiniNova can only be thoroughly recommended.”
“...impressive sonic weaponry.”
Sound on Sound
Own your Sound
MiniNova makes it easy. Tweak and warp your sound with instant access to the 24 most powerful synth parameters.
MiniNova Synth Engine
- 18 note polyphony
- 14 conventional waveform: square, sine, sawtooth, pulse, triangle and combinations
- 36 wavetables
- 20 digital waveforms
- 12 band Vocoder
- 14 filter types: can run 2 simultaneously
- 6 envelope generators
- 3 LFOs
- 20 modulation slots, for shaping sound by linking modules of the synth engine together
- 5 FX simultaneously
Check out what happened when we showed MiniNova to a selection of high profile artists and producers on a recent tour of North America.
UltraNova Sound Engine
Our signature Nova-series synth-engine, capable of creating and editing massive sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects.
Create robotic and iconic vocals, or run your instruments through the effects engine.
Tweak and Warp Sounds Live
Tweak your sounds in realtime with five knobs, or totally warp them eight 'Animate' buttons and oversized pitch and modulation wheels.
256 Awesome Onboard Sounds
Instantly search for sounds by type or musical genre, from bass to pad, hip hop to house. Store another 128 of your own sounds onboard, too.
Layer Your Effects
Add up to five effects to each voice, including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and our very own gater 'stutter' effect
Editing Software and Patch Librarian
Fully edit your synth and effects, and store as many sounds as you can fit on your Mac or PC.
Vintage Synth and Bass
Download regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers.
Trigger Software Instruments
Trigger external sound modules and connect larger keyboards, via the MIDI I/O.
How to Select Sounds in MiniNova
This video gives you an overview of MiniNova's preloaded sounds, and show you how to preview, edit and affect them.
It also demonstrates the arpeggiator's sequence buttons and powerful filter controls.
How to Use MiniNova's Vocoder and VocalTune
This video shows you how to use MiniNova's onboard Vocoder, VocalTune and the powerful effects,
For more tutorials, check out www.youtube.com/NovationTV
Mininova In Depth
Product Hardware Specifications
Utility, display and patch select controls
- 16 character custom LCD
- 1x large detented patch select encoder
- 1x patch sort switch
- 1x volume dial
- 1x detented data encoder
- 5x navigation/utility buttons
- 2x patch navigation buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity
- 4x smooth edit/performance pots
- 1x large smooth filter pot
- 1x six position parameter selector switch
- 6x parameter indicator LEDs
- 8x three-colour, back-lit animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch-select buttons
- 2x animate/arpeggiate LED indicators
- 1x back-lit 'hold' button
- 1x animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch toggle switch
- 1x 'favourite' patch select button
- 1x arpeggiator tempo control pot
- 1x arpeggiator tempo indicator LED
- 2x back-lit arpeggiator control encoders
- 2x back-lit octave select buttons
Inputs, Outputs, rear panel
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 1x ¼” jack inputs
- 2x ¼” jack outputs
- 1x ¼” jack headphone output
- Sustain pedal on ¼” jack input
- MIDI in/out
- 12 volt power input
- USB/DC/off power switch
- USB port (MiniNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington security slot
- Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
- 3x oscillators
- 1x noise generator
- 2x ring modulators
- Square, sine, tri, sawtooth, pulse, 9x saw:pulse combinations
- 20x digital waveforms
- 36x wavetables
- 2x filters per patch
- low pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- low pass 12dB
- low pass 18dB
- low pass 24dB
- band pass 6:6
- band pass 6:12
- band pass 12:6
- band pass 6:18
- band pass 18:6
- band pass 12:12
- high pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- high pass 12dB
- high pass 18dB
- high pass 24dB
- 20 modulation slots per patch
- 6x envelope generators
- 3x LFOs
- Aftertouch (Supported in the engine. Note, keyboard does not generate aftertouch)
- Key scaling/track
- Mod wheel
- Expression pedal
Total of 66 Destinations including
- Oscillator pitch, pulse width, wavetable index, level and sync
- Filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings
- Effects parameters and send levels
- Recursive modulation (modulating modulation sources themselves)
5 effects slots per patch
- Distortion – up to 2 instances
- Compressor – up to 2 instances
- Chorus/Phase – up to 4 instances
- Delay – up to 2 instances
- Reverb – up to 2 instances
- 12 band vocoder
- Arpeggiator – 33 patterns
- Realtime Arp rhythm editing function
- Chord function – lock up to 10 notes
- Patch storage - up to 384 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
- USB bus powered
- 9V DC power supply included
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 300mA
- Unboxed: 560mm (22.04”) length x 250mm (9.84”) depth x 75mm (2.95”) height
- Boxed: 615mm (24.21”) length x 345mm (13.58”) depth x 115mm (4.52”) height